World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2010/05/30

Classic Game Collecting: Unreal Anthology

unreal_anthology I went over to Makro for the first time in quite a while today and naturally went over to the section where all the games are. I was quite impressed with their selection of classic games, particularly from the early 2000’s and even some from the nineties – stuff that you don’t often see in some of the other shops. They had a shelf dedicated to classic PC games, as well as a bargain bin just filled with the usual rubbish and a few gems.

It was here that I stumbled upon something that caught my eye. There was a box that read Unreal Anthology.

Originally released in 2006, in it are several games in the Unreal series, namely: Unreal, Unreal: Return to Na Pali [the expansion, both collectively known as Unreal Gold], Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition, Unreal II: The Awakening, and Unreal Tournament 2004. It’s also got a bonus soundtrack CD with music from the series.

This is a welcome addition to my collection, seeing as I do have the original Unreal, which I bought brand new years ago, back in 1998, but even though I’ve played all the others, I haven’t really owned them myself. The only one I haven’t played at all would be Unreal: Return to Na Pali.

I also all ready own Unreal Tournament III. So I’m missing what? Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Championship and Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict.

There were some other games there that I had a look at like some games in the Hitman series, but I settled for the Unreal Anthology, which has 4 or 5 games in one box for about R99. And it was the only copy in the store.

If you want to get a hold of Unreal Anthology yourself, you can grab it from Amazon, and even Direct2Drive.

Classic Game Collecting is a AAA original, where I talk about my shopping outings, where I usually pick up one or two games that appeal to my interest. The more games in the box, the better value, I say.


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud