World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2009/11/07

Yes! I’ve Finally got Blood Running Nicely!

No, I haven’t slit my wrists, and I’m not bleeding all over the carpet. I’m talking about the game, Blood.

I started playing it last year about this time, but the framerate was horrible, and the sound was rubbish. But a return visit to the famous Build XP page and forums at Deathmask, and a bit of the old RTFS method has allowed me to get the thing running almost perfectly. I had all ready downloaded all the programs and files like NOLFB, CLI2NOP, and VDMSound etc, long ago, but just a bit of messing around with the soundcard settings and a bit of black magic, and things work all of a sudden.

The framerate is a lot faster, and the sound and MIDI music nearly flawless, although there’s that squeaking that happens while running it in DOSbox every now and again. I haven't tried running it through Windows or the command prompt yet.

Before that, I was running the game through the command prompt, and getting some horrible slow-paced gameplay, and practically no sound.

I guess soon I’ll have to update my Classis Games Resurrected: Blood article, seeing as I couldn’t get the sound working back then.
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud