World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2009/11/05

Classic Metal Tracks That Should Have Been on the Assassin’s Creed Soundtrack

Guy Fawkes Night

Speaking of soundtracks, and of the
Assassin’s Creed II Soundtrack in particular, I was just thinking of something for a post, which has been in the back of my mind since last year while I was playing Assassin’s Creed.

If they had to have metal tracks in the soundtrack for the original Assassin’s Creed, which ones would they use? I came up with three so far, that all have a kind of middle-eastern Assassin type of feel to them, which I would listen to while playing the game:

Metallica- "Wherever I May Roam"

This track, the intro in particular, is played with an electric sitar, and sounds quite appropriate, almost reminding me of Sabu from the old ECW, if not the game.

Megadeth- "Holy Wars…The Punishment Due"

So the theme of the song actually had more to do with the IRA years ago, so I’ve read, but the name of the song and parts of it just remind me of the crusades, like in the game, with the battle between the Franks, or Crusaders, and the Muslims.

Motörhead - "Assassin"

The title of the tracks pretty much says it all, I think, but it’s all that there is some drums and stuff going on half-way through the track that get the kind of feel I’m thinking of.

I might add some more later on when I come across a track that I feel fits the criteria I'm looking, or listening for.
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud