World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2009/12/06

Went Christmas Shopping, Got a Good Gaming Deal

Well, the Christmas tree has been put up, and of course now it’s all about the last few weeks before Christmas…and that means Christmas shopping.

I’ve been going through a lot of brochures lately looking for some good local game deals, and I did see a few which interested me.

So, off I went to the local mall, Tygervalley, and I was looking at some classic games. A lot of them have are available at between R49,99 and R99,99, and not just “old” games - games like BioShock, Mirror’s Edge, Mass Effect, Assassin’s Creed and Resident Evil 4, good games that were released in the last two or three years.

I was looking at some of the good old games and I was tempted to just take them all (the mall, get it?) but I was looking for some games in particular; ones I hadn’t played before. I came across a good deal in Operation Flashpoint. It’s the full game, plus the two addons, Cold War Crisis and Resistance. A 3-in-1 deal for R49,99. I played the demos of these games years ago, but I haven’t yet played the full versions of these games after all this time. After being kind of disappointed with Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, I picked this up and bought it. I’ve read that the original is better than OFDR.

I still think that it was an odd choice, but I mean, at R50, if it doesn’t turn out to be so good, it’s no real loss to me.

I was also looking for a copy of Thief: The Dark Project, seeing as my disc isn’t working anymore, and I also want to get a hold of Deus Ex, ever since I saw it on Destructoid’s list of Top 50 games of the decade.

You know, I disagree with most of that list, but that’s life, huh?

I actually want to go back there with my brother or even on my own again, just to see if I missed anything, and perhaps pick something else up.


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud