World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2009/10/17

The Dark Mod v 1.0 Released



I only talked about this the other day when I read an update on the official site of the mod, and when I followed a link from The Dark Mod discussion thread on the ttlg.com forum, I saw that it had indeed been released today! I thought it would take at least another two months or so.


The bad news: this sucker is 1.4 GB to download. That's more than twice as big as T2X was. The Dark Mod is free though, in a way.
BTW, I've read so far that to download the thing is a b*tch.

Anyhow, to play this mod, you're going to need Doom 3. Now stop whining- you can get it in a lot of places if you know where to look. There's Amazon and Steam. I managed to pick it up at BT Games for about R 100, 2 or 3 years ago. So if you look around, you might get a good deal. Doom 3 isn't a bad game either, so it will be worth it. You also need to get the 1.3.1 patch for Doom 3, last time I checked. See here for more installation notes and stuff.

And I will try to get NAG magazine to put this on one of their next cover DVDs, because as much as I want it, and I have data to spare at the moment, this is a bit too big.


http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88654&page=80
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1918675#post1918675
http://www.thedarkmod.com/
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud