World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2010/05/11

Twitter: OMG! Where are my Followers?!

twitter_logo_header I logged into my Twitter account yesterday, and got a nasty shock. All of my followers were at 0. And that went for the people I was following as well: 0.

I thought: has my account been hacked? Did all the people who were following just all get tired of my nonsense and stop following me all at the same time?

No, it turns out that my third guess was the right one - sort of. It was the result of Twitter resetting, after a bug had been exploited which allowed one to force someone to follow them.

Venture Beat puts it’s better than I can:

“All you had to do was tweet “accept” followed by the person’s Twitter handle with the “@” sign included, and they would immediately follow you.”

And a well-known example of this would be “accept @jesus”

Anyway, it should all be fixed by the time I log in today.

[Update]: Yes, it is fixed.

----

Source: Twitter temporarily hits the reset button on follower counts amid bugs [Venture Beat]


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud