World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2010/05/15

Classic Games Collecting: Splinter Cell Trilogy and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

              splinter_cell_trilogyMGS2S_PC

The other day my family was out at Makro in Cape Town, and my mom came across Aliens versus Predator – the one from 1999 – for R99,99. And she didn’t pick it up for me either, which was upsetting.

You all know by now if you bother frequenting this blog regularly that I am a big classic games lover, and I would have liked to have added this to my collection of classics. It’s been years since I played AvP Classic.

Anyway, this weekend I went to Tyger Valley Centre and popped in at Musica, where I saw something that I hadn’t seen there months earlier when I last visited to do some classic game collecting. It was Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Trilogy, which has Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.  A three in one pack, originally released a few years ago, which today sold for R99.

*Yoink!*

Then I went over to CNA and had a look at what they had to offer. They had some pretty good stuff. I was impressed by some of the classics they had on offer. But I eventually settled for Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance – a classic that I haven’t seen sold in stores for years, and one that I’ve wanted to get a hold of for years as well.

I suppose the next time I’ll collecting will be next month. I all ready have my eye on Diablo II and the Lord of Destruction expansion, or else it would have to be StarCraft along with the Brood Wars expansion. I haven’t played either for years. I’ve played them, but haven’t actually owned them if you know what I mean. I played Diablo II years ago at a friend’s house.


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud