World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2010/05/14

AAA – Now Playing: Doom 64

title-doom64tcWell, actually it’s the TC for the PC called Absolution. It’s years old now, and I haven’t played it for a long time. I didn’t get around to finishing it either.

It’s not considered apart of the main Doom series, or even canon, by some; it lacks some of the demons from Doom and Doom II, and the existing ones had a makeover. And there are other things that make it feel like it isn’t really Doom. It does feel more like a Quake game, now that some people mention it. But it’s still good, and still worth a try.

One of these days I also want to try out Doom 64 EX, which is a “more accurate” direct port of the game, rather than a TC like Absolution is, for Doomsday, or JDoom, I believe.

screenshot164

I remember seeing Doom 64 for the first time when I was a child, and I read about it in an issue of some magazine. I can’t even recall the name. But there was a massive preview of it with plenty of screenshots and so on. I wanted it so badly. Who knew that it would be ten years later after that, in 2007, that I actually got around to playing it. I downloaded the TC, the maps, the soundtrack pack, and after that I think I just lost interest. Weird.

Now after having played through Doom 3 again, I thought: why not? So I got everything set up again just this week and started it up.


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud