World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2010/01/19

Guitar Hero: Megadeth Coming Along Sometime

I don’t usually give a stuff about these music games. It’s like some artists, like Prince, say: rather just learn to play the real instrument.

Anyway, it was something that I was wondering the other day. When it would eventually take place, and that is Guitar Hero: Megadeth.

Dave Mustaine answered some fan mail about Guitar Hero on the band’s website the other day:

“Hey,
I was just wondering if you guys would ever consider doing a whole guitar hero game based on your band. It would definately
(sic) be the greatest addition yet, without question.
Thanks,”


Travis


“Will Megadeth ever be on a Guitar Hero game? I don’t mean have a song or two like Guitar Hero 2, but have their own game like a couple of other bands. I am a huge Megadeth fan and would just enjoy the hell out of a Megadeth Guitar hero game.”


Vernon

Dave responded thusly:

"I have recently had two very important high-level meetings with the people from Activision and Neversoft, and we are talking about a lot of things, but a Guitar Hero box set is not as attractive to me and the people from Guitar Hero as the new idea that they offered me, as the creative stuff that we are talking about is over-the-moon! I just hope that someone doesn’t stand in the way of this happening. I know that there are a lot of really damaging results from our mothership (WEA) having some legal disputes with YouTube and Guitar Hero to name just a few."

Now as much as this is something that interests me, I’m just thinking here: if only Dave knew what Activision is really like. Remember the whole Kurt Cobain debacle last year? I’m thinking that they might just get Megadeth to do something in the game that they would never do in real life: like cover a Metallica song.

----

megadeth.com

kotaku.com


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud