World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2009/08/30

DaggerXL- a Daggerfall Source Port in the Works

I came across something interesting for a change yesterday on TTLG.com, and that was something called DaggerXL.

DaggerXL is a source port for Daggerfall, the second game in The Elder Scrolls series, which was made freeware recently by Bethesda. DaggerXL was started recently, like in July this year or so, soon after the freeware release.

I got Daggerfall off of a NAG cover DVD recently, and tried to get it working with DosBox. I installed it, but couldn’t manage to get it to work. I usually don’t like messing around with DosBox, it must be said. It’s a good idea, don’t get me wrong, but as the DB team themselves say, if you can find a source port, then rather use that, as using DosBox doesn’t always provide the best experience. Besides, a source port will naturally look and run a lot nicer on our modern systems, and I was convinced that it would only be a matter of time before someone undertook this as a project.

So, I am quite interested in this source port then, and word has it that work is speeding along quite nicely. I’d like to get a hold of a version sometime soon, as I hear that Daggerfall is arguably the best in the series of TES games, and I, like a lot of people, haven’t played it…yet. Hell, there are some people who haven't played Morrowind or Oblivion. I'm glad I'm not one of those weirdos. lol

You can check out the DaggerXL site, a wordpress blog, here.

Sources& Resources:

Dosbox
Daggerfall made freeware
Daggerfall Download
DaggerXL website
DaggerXL thread at TTLG.com
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud