World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2010/06/12

Ever Noticed How Clint Eastwood Sounds Like a Ghoul From Fallout 3 Nowadays?

        GoF3bClintEastwood Berlinale
                                 They even look similar. Damn…

Clint Eastwood has never been known for having anything but a deep, raspy, even gravelly voice. But as he’s gotten older, like in Gran Torino, which I saw the other night, I couldn’t help but think that Clint Eastwood reminds me of two different video game character voices.

One would be that of the male Ghouls, basically like Zombies, from Fallout 3. And the other would be the Dunmer, or Dark Elves, from The Elder Scrolls series, particularly Morrowind, I’m thinking. This is probably because it’s likely the same voice actor, since both game were made by Bethesda.

The guy can’t help it. He is old and all now [nearly eighty now], and I’ve enjoyed his films over the years, especially Gran Torino. But who wouldn’t want to see Clint doing some voice work for the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls game before he’s gone for good?

Have a listen to this clip I recorded from Gran Torino – some of the best bits – and see, or hear, and tell me what you think. While you’re listening, just picture Gob or some Ghoul from Fallout 3. I would’ve gotten a clip of one the Ghouls as well for a comparison, but I didn’t get around to it. I uninstalled the game you see.

Gran Torino Clint Sample [945 KB]
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud