World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2010/07/04

Classic Game Collecting: Thief, Hitman, Deus Ex

TCDECHMT

Well, I went over to Makro today and went over to the multimedia and technology department. My brother and I had a look at a new DVD player seeing as his had packed up the other day. It was a Telefunken that barely lasted a year.

While we were doing that, I also had a look at the games section which has since last time, really gotten an overhaul. Makro got its act together in the last month or so. So, this time a few games caught my eye, and they were mainly in the Eidos stable of titles. I saw that they got a couple of PC Gamer racks up which have collections like the Thief Complete Collection, as well as the Hitman Collection, and the Deus Ex Collection. These I’ve never seen in any store locally before, let alone this one.

Thief Complete Collection has Thief Gold, The Metal Age, and Deadly Shadows – which goes for R99; Hitman has Hitman, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, and Hitman: Contracts – which sells for R150. Deus Ex has Deus Ex GOTY as well as Invisible War, for R99.

I was tempted to pick up one or two, but I’ll be honest: I’ve had a few instances in the past where some of these games that I’ve picked up didn’t work on my system. I was tempted though. I haven’t played Thief Gold which is included in the pack, which basically is The Dark Project with a few extra missions and extras, released in 1999. My TDP disc doesn’t work for some reason. I’ve all ready got the other two.

I also haven’t played Deus Ex: Invisible War, the second game in the series by Ion Storm, which some say wasn’t that great.

Out of the Hitman series, I’ve played two of those game – namely Silent Assassin and Blood Money, which I own. The other two I didn’t really eve bother much with.

I might consider it at one point in the future though. It was just nice to see that they’ve extended their PC games section, as well as catering to the classics.


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud