World destruction comes in small shrink-wrapped packages...

2009/04/15

I Think I Just Got Screwed by FNB and MTN…Again

I recently received a brochure that informed me of the possibility of recharging my airtime account with my online banking account as well as my cellphone.

So, last night I logged in and bought some airtime. I got a text telling me that the transaction was completed, and I received another text telling me that I had received free extra airtime- nice.

Then I find out that the extra airtime isn’t included in your total balance when wanting to download a data bundle. So I went on again and tried to download another voucher. I get another text and I check my balance only to find that the original amount that I paid for was gone, and the extra airtime was gone too. I go online again, but this time make sure to log out and then log back in again in case there are only so many purchases you can make with one OTP. I buy another voucher and get another text.

So, I try to buy a data bundle and the operator says, “Your data bundle purchase could not be processed at this time. Please try again later. Goodbye.”

So I spent all that money, and I’m left with all this airtime that I can’t even use to buy a data bundle.

Eventually, two hours down the line I was able to get a data bundle, but instead of getting 100 MB, I got 200 MB! Weird. I still don't know if I was overcharged.

I also noticed that data bundles are now valid for 60 days instead of 30 days. On one hand, that’s good because now you have more time to use the actual data, but on the other hand it’s not so good because now you have to wait twice as long before being able to buy a new one. You could probably just take the sim card out, replace it, and get more airtime to buy another one, but it’s too much effort.

FNB and MTN, you suck. Goodbye.
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why don't you bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ or the ‘addthis’ buttons. Please feel free to share this article with others.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

Thanks.

What does AAA stand for?

It's not an abbreviation of anything. It just means the best of the best... 

"Well, now you know the truth: Apocalypso's Atomic Arcade!"

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Label Cloud